A friend of mine, the delightful Asha, has just started as 100 day challenge, doing handstands. She's amazing and you can check out her blog here. I haven't done a handstand in probably 30 years, and wouldn't even dream of trying, but it got me thinking about the whole 100 day challenge thing, and while I realise most people seem to use it for physical things, like handstands, pushups, running, etc, the core philosophy is about forming habits. Which made me think about habits I'd like to push, and top of that list is writing.
I recently read Hunger: A memoir of (my) body, by Roxane Gay, and it got me thinking about the ways in which I hunger. The ways in which all of us hunger.
So here's my own 100 day challenge. Every day, for the next 100 days, I will write a minimum of 100 words loosely themed around hungers. The minimum word count is ridiculously low, especially for me as I am rarely ever succinct, but I had to set the bar somewhere and I like the symmetry, besides which, on days that I am struggling, knowing I only have to find 100 words will help. I will post each entry here, every day, because I need some kind of accountability, and because ideally, I would like feedback on my writing. Adulatory feedback is of course welcome, but constructive criticism even more so.
Thanks for reading.
I recently read Hunger: A memoir of (my) body, by Roxane Gay, and it got me thinking about the ways in which I hunger. The ways in which all of us hunger.
So here's my own 100 day challenge. Every day, for the next 100 days, I will write a minimum of 100 words loosely themed around hungers. The minimum word count is ridiculously low, especially for me as I am rarely ever succinct, but I had to set the bar somewhere and I like the symmetry, besides which, on days that I am struggling, knowing I only have to find 100 words will help. I will post each entry here, every day, because I need some kind of accountability, and because ideally, I would like feedback on my writing. Adulatory feedback is of course welcome, but constructive criticism even more so.
Thanks for reading.
Comments
Post a Comment