"What some psychologists term "skin hunger" (also known as touch hunger) is a need for physical human contact. Although many people sate their skin hunger through sex, skin hunger isn't exactly a sexual need. Satisfying your skin hunger requires you to have meaningful physical contact with another person, and failing to observe your need for human touch can have profound emotional, even physical, consequences."
One of the drawbacks to living alone is the lack of daily physical contact. Touch hunger is a very real thing, and countless studies have proven that humans who lack regular physical contact with others suffer from depression, stress, aggression, and even physical health can be affected.
I am generally pretty physical with my friends. We hug, and kiss, and touch in affectionate ways whenever we spend time together. It's lovely, but it sometimes feels like having a snack when you really need a hearty meal.
Last night I had a meal. My sometimes lover dropped in on their way home from a night out. We chatted about their evening for a short while, and then moved to the bedroom and shed clothing. We have been lovers for long enough now that the sex has the practiced ease of familiarity, but that's not to say it's predictable. It certainly wasn't last night, as they gently and persistently brought me to orgasm five times in a row, a feat nothing short of miraculous as my body has a tendency to switch off after one. They humbly demurred total credit, and it's true that I had been somewhat pent up, but nonetheless, kudos to those nimble fingers!
For all that the orgasms were a feast in themselves, the more meaningful satiety came afterwards. Laying in the afterglow, skin to skin, wrapped around each other with my head on their chest, cradled in the comfort and safety of their arms, their fingers gently tracing patterns over my back as my fingers caressed the light fur of their belly and chest. These moments in time nourish my soul in a way that nothing else does. There is such love, comfort, safety, peace and contentment in these arms. As we settled and sank deeper into the comfort of our cuddle, they quietly murmured "I love snuggling with you". I replied in kind, and sank a little deeper into the comfort of our bubble. Imperceptibly, I sank into sleep. I don't know for how long, but when I resurfaced we were still locked in our snuggle, fingers still stroking my back. "Did you enjoy your nap?" they asked, in an amused tone. I did enjoy my nap, but apologised for falling asleep on them. "Don't apologise, I'm honoured" they reassured me, and added that they were just saying how nice it was to feel me so relaxed, when they realised exactly how relaxed I was. I can't remember the last time I fell asleep in someone's arms. Sleepovers are not part of our arrangement. I can't express the sense of peace and comfort from having someone hold me into sleep, naked skin to naked skin, touching from head to toe.
To this person, thank you for loving me, for nourishing me, and for being my safe harbour. I love you.
[474 words]
One of the drawbacks to living alone is the lack of daily physical contact. Touch hunger is a very real thing, and countless studies have proven that humans who lack regular physical contact with others suffer from depression, stress, aggression, and even physical health can be affected.
I am generally pretty physical with my friends. We hug, and kiss, and touch in affectionate ways whenever we spend time together. It's lovely, but it sometimes feels like having a snack when you really need a hearty meal.
Last night I had a meal. My sometimes lover dropped in on their way home from a night out. We chatted about their evening for a short while, and then moved to the bedroom and shed clothing. We have been lovers for long enough now that the sex has the practiced ease of familiarity, but that's not to say it's predictable. It certainly wasn't last night, as they gently and persistently brought me to orgasm five times in a row, a feat nothing short of miraculous as my body has a tendency to switch off after one. They humbly demurred total credit, and it's true that I had been somewhat pent up, but nonetheless, kudos to those nimble fingers!
For all that the orgasms were a feast in themselves, the more meaningful satiety came afterwards. Laying in the afterglow, skin to skin, wrapped around each other with my head on their chest, cradled in the comfort and safety of their arms, their fingers gently tracing patterns over my back as my fingers caressed the light fur of their belly and chest. These moments in time nourish my soul in a way that nothing else does. There is such love, comfort, safety, peace and contentment in these arms. As we settled and sank deeper into the comfort of our cuddle, they quietly murmured "I love snuggling with you". I replied in kind, and sank a little deeper into the comfort of our bubble. Imperceptibly, I sank into sleep. I don't know for how long, but when I resurfaced we were still locked in our snuggle, fingers still stroking my back. "Did you enjoy your nap?" they asked, in an amused tone. I did enjoy my nap, but apologised for falling asleep on them. "Don't apologise, I'm honoured" they reassured me, and added that they were just saying how nice it was to feel me so relaxed, when they realised exactly how relaxed I was. I can't remember the last time I fell asleep in someone's arms. Sleepovers are not part of our arrangement. I can't express the sense of peace and comfort from having someone hold me into sleep, naked skin to naked skin, touching from head to toe.
To this person, thank you for loving me, for nourishing me, and for being my safe harbour. I love you.
[474 words]
Comments
Post a Comment